Spring Beekeeping Workshop

Spring Beekeeping Workshop
Demonstration Hive

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth! I know it seems as if I have, but I'm back in gear and totally alive and well with lots of good things to share.

The past few months have flown since our Permaculture Design Certification course ended and yours truly earned that certification and shifted into high gear to put my new credentials into action. More about that later.

Then, garden season hit really early this year and that's where I've been, when not working. My apologies to any of you who are, in fact, reading my musings! Between an expanded garden, assessing wetlands (my day job!), teaching and the other commitments of life - well, I didn't think about my blog! Shame!

Here's a little preview of what my garden is expected to do this year - strawberry season is off to a magnificent start. I picked about 3 pints today. Some will go in the freezer and some right in our tummies. Yum!

Salad greens have been in full swing for months but with temperatures hitting nearly 90 degrees F today, I'm not sure how lettuce and spinach will hold up. I'll let you know. Also, I see a little problem developing with root maggots in my radishes. That does not bode well for all the root crops I have planted - beets, carrots, turnips, and tons of onions of all different varieties. I'm removing all affected plants and destroying them and their little beastie guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment